Solid Entertainments is delighted to announce that Whitby Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival will be returning for the seventh year to Whitby Pavilion on Saturday 12th October 2019!
Albert Lee is one of the most respected and renowned guitarists in music history and over his long and illustrious career he has worked with The Everly Brothers, Eric Clapton, Emmylou Harris and The Crickets.......and many more
The British-born country-rock artist started his career during the emerging rock 'n' roll scene of sixties London, when he swapped bands with the likes of Jimmy Page and Chris Farlowe. “The ultimate virtuoso. His skill is extraordinary, his ear is extraordinary and he’s gifted on just about every level.” - Eric Clapton. After moving to the U.S. and assimilating himself into the country music scene, Albert quickly garnered a reputation as one of the fastest guitar players in the business. He recorded a number of solo albums, and won a Grammy in 2002 for his contribution on 'Foggy Mountain Breakdown' and in 2014 he was awarded with the Bonzo Bash Legends Award
The full line up is as follows:
· Albert Lee –what else is there to say!
· Ian Parker – with nothing to prove and still so much to say, Ian’s ability and willingness to share with his audience, naked honesty and genuine emotion, is what sets him apart!
· Crow Black Chicken – formed in Cork, Ireland in 2009, the trio combine elements of folk and hard rock with the blues rock and draw comparison with the sound and presence of ZZ Top!
· Storm Warning – lauded by the UK blues press as a classy, contemporary blues band, they play superbly crafted original blues rock songs and breathing new life into blues standards!
· The Luke Doherty Band– since he found an old music VHS in a cupboard when he was 7 years old, featuring several Blues players, Luke is never happier than when he is playing Blues!
. Deep Blues Sea – the band's music has been defined as 21st century blues - new shoots from the old roots - taking the blues out for a walk in the sun and the rain, the here and now!
No need to worry about searching for food and drinks on the day either, there will be a range of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, real ales available and a varied menu that should meet everyone's taste!